Back to School Fun with Sneaker Laces

  My granddaughter, Faith, and I were buying her sneakers for cheer leading one day a few weeks ago. When she was looking at different colored laces the girl behind the counter said she could show us how to do checkerboard laces with her new sneakers. She said that she does her own sneakers many different fancy ways and she'd be willing to show us the simple checkerboard pattern. Wow. We were thrilled. I love learning new things anyway and Faith was interested, too.

Here are the sneakers with checkerboard laces.


First you have to lace one pair of laces plain like these black laces. I don't know what they call this but the black laces do not crisscross. They go straight across. The girl showed us how to do this also. So one pair of laces has to be laced plain across.

Then you start your second color by leaving about 12 inches on the end and start weaving over and under the black laces as shown.


When you get to the bottom, you turn the lace around and go back up doing the same weaving.

Continue in this way until you go all the way to the end. Finish up at the top where the other end of the lace is. Make a knot and stuff the knot inside and on top of the tongue.

That's all there is to it. The girl says there are very many fancy ways to tie shoelaces and she's done a lot of them. We looked some of them up and there are some very complex ways to weave sneaker laces, let me tell you. At least we learned one thing we didn't know before...

Hope you liked this. Faith is all set for first day of school with her new black sneakers with checkerboard hot pink and black lacings.


Best wishes and squeeze some more summer out of the next week or two before school starts.

Pin It





Come visit these parties - so much to see...

Simply Sweet Home
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Party
The Blackberry Vine
Tuesday Treasures
My Life's a Treasure
Katherine's Corner
Serenity Now
Free Pretty Things for You
DIY Dreamer
DIY Showoff
Skip to My Lou
Take it on Tuesday
A Pinch of Joy
Show and Tell Saturday
Joy 2 Journey
Three Networking Blog Hop
Small Things

Small Things

11 comments

  1. Hi Linda! Great idea!!!

    Please let me know if you are interested in the illustration I sent you; I need to know in order to proceed with the printers. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, just in case you miss your email again, I sent you a small request which would mean a lot to me.

    Thank you,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a unique idea and I bet the kids will love it! Who Knew? Thank you for sharing at The "Sunday Stop"!
    Hugs,
    J2J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very cool!! Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!

    Betsy @ Romance on a dime.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are featured this week on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! I hope you will stop by and grab a Featured Button from the Button Box on the sidebar this afternoon. Pinned. Can’t wait to see what else you’ve been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool idea. I'm going to share with some of my preteens girls in ministry. They will love it.
    Thanks for sharing a my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cool!! Love the punch the laces give to the shoes!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucha a cool idea. I bet she was the most original and most popular girl in the neighbourhood :) Thanks for leaving such a wonderful comment on my blog.

    All the best,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool! my daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must have some pretty hip kids!
    Thanks for linking up to the oldies party this week--the new party will be live on Monday night.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

So happy you came to visit today. Everyone is so busy but if you would like to leave a note for me, I would love it!!

Welcome

I am the crafter extraordinaire (on this blog anyway.) I live with my husband, my son, David, in a cozy cape cod style house in Connecticut.

google ad

Flannel Gift to make

Flannel Gift to make
Fabulous Flannel Gifts to Make

Handmade Gifts for Boys

Easy Fleece DIY

Awesome DIY Cork Projects